Monday, June 30, 2008

what do i wanna be?

the thing about writing this blog is this - i do hope some-(more than)-one will read it, get hooked on my writing, wait for daily updates. and then, cruising along, i may just get 'noticed' and offered a big chunk of money to publish it as a book, and then there will people out there who will read "the little corner in the not-so-big circle", maybe even quote it in b-grade management seminars (i mean, if they can talk about cheese and rats, they can talk about a circle, right?). you get the drift, don't you?

ideally, i should regard this daily blogging thing as a steam-release for all my pent-up feelings  - and i do regard it as that, believe me - but ever so often, i drift into dreams of potential success. (*potential - a genius invention of language that has excused all bankers from ever accepting responsibility for our losses)

why do i dream - because sometimes i feel like i should have done something with my life by now - like written for/written about in the International Herald Tribune, had my own very successful TV talk show, making a million dollars, yada yada.

stuff like this hits me when i read about people who have done some very admirable things by the time they were in their 20s - and of course, the next generation of self-made-millionaires seems to be coming up from among teenagers. (*makes me wonder about the DIY-finance books by kiyosaki and the like - do they actually work?)

the thought is a deep one - kinda brings up the whole gamut of my own expectations vs. external influences - and throw in the childhood-memory-analysis for good measure. but for now, i am an unusual late-20s-gal, in my fourth job in about 2 years - going off to dream a bit more. 

No comments: